+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. Help Make Ranther the Premiere Free Speech Forum

    We're working to make Ranther the destination of choice for free expression. That's had an impact on the design of every aspect of the forum, and explains many of the differences between Ranther and other discussion boards, even other free speech forums.

    How are we different?

    We consider privacy to be basic to real free speech so we have unregistered posting. You can post through a proxy. If you'd like to register you can do so without giving us any personal information and you can pay for upgraded access with Bitcoin.

    In addition to all that we don't cooperate with "services" whose business it is to violate privacy. We don't use Google scripts, Google analytics, Google site search or Google anything.

    Protecting your privacy, which increases your ability to speak freely, also means we don't have some features. We don't allow embedded images, animations or videos. This not only protects you from IP traps, it makes for faster page loading.

    This combination of features - easy anonymity, protection of privacy and maximum freedom of expression - is what makes Ranther unique. Some well known free speech boards block all proxies from posting. Others require that you enable Javascript to post. Some even require that you register before you can read the board! All of these choices create barriers to free expression, barriers we want to tear down.

    But having said that, we know we can do more, and we'd like your help.

    What can we do to improve the board, and what can we do to attract more posters? We're interested in hearing from you. You can post here, or, if you're registered, PM me.

    More important, take this opportunity to post your thoughts on any subject.

    There's never been a better time than now.

    John Parker,
    Creator

  2. Add anonymous live chat and video and photo hosting.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracian View Post
    Add anonymous live chat and video and photo hosting.
    There are already many places where you can anonymously upload photos. Live chat is a possibility. Video would be very ambitious. I don't know how anonymous video uploaders are on the less censored video sites like Liveleak. Because of the size of the files video needs a fast connection to upload, something true anonymous proxies like Tor can't provide.

  4. #4
    FreedomFighter Freedomfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    There are already many places where you can anonymously upload photos. Live chat is a possibility. Video would be very ambitious. I don't know how anonymous video uploaders are on the less censored video sites like Liveleak. Because of the size of the files video needs a fast connection to upload, something true anonymous proxies like Tor can't provide.
    Just being able to upload without registering or giving any info about yourself would be enough to make it more private than google that wants your phone number.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFighter View Post
    Just being able to upload without registering or giving any info about yourself would be enough to make it more private than google that wants your phone number.
    This.

    Having unregistered video uploading would be enough for most purposes.

  6. #6
    LOLZ Freedomfighter
    CAN I HAZ CHEESEBURGER?

  7. #7
    FreedomFighter Freedomfighter

    How about Twitter?

    Show Tweets and any replies live.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    There are already many places where you can anonymously upload photos. Live chat is a possibility. Video would be very ambitious. I don't know how anonymous video uploaders are on the less censored video sites like Liveleak. Because of the size of the files video needs a fast connection to upload, something true anonymous proxies like Tor can't provide.
    Now that Megavideo is down there's an opening.

    But if it pays off I suggest you include an escape tunnel in your super villain lair. No point in having a helicopter if you can't get to it when Interpol comes a knockin.

  9. #9
    KungFu Freedomfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracian View Post
    Now that Megavideo is down there's an opening.

    But if it pays off I suggest you include an escape tunnel in your super villain lair. No point in having a helicopter if you can't get to it when Interpol comes a knockin.
    Have you SEEN Kim Dotcom?

    We're gonna need a bigger tunnel.....

  10. #10
    FreedomFighter Freedomfighter
    You need photo hosting since we can't embed photos from other sites.

  11. #11
    Orson Freedomfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFighter View Post
    You need photo hosting since we can't embed photos from other sites.
    THIS

    More smilies too.

  12. #12
    FreedomFighter Freedomfighter

    mobile app

    the mobile version doesnt show polls and blogs are hard to read.

  13. #13
    FreedomFighter Freedomfighter
    Some organization would help. There should be News, Politics, Pop Culture, and other sections. Looks like Ron Paul has enough bots to have his own section.

  14. #14
    Roy Freedomfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFighter View Post
    the mobile version doesnt show polls and blogs are hard to read.
    That's a known bug with vBulletin's mobile skin.

  15. #15
    FreedomFighter Freedomfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFighter View Post
    the mobile version doesnt show polls and blogs are hard to read.
    New mobile skin coming soon.

  16. #16
    Degriz Freedomfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    We're working to make Ranther the destination of choice for free expression. That's had an impact on the design of every aspect of the forum, and explains many of the differences between Ranther and other discussion boards, even other free speech forums.

    How are we different?

    We consider privacy to be basic to real free speech so we have unregistered posting. You can post through a proxy. If you'd like to register you can do so without giving us any personal information and you can pay for upgraded access with Bitcoin.

    In addition to all that we don't cooperate with "services" whose business it is to violate privacy. We don't use Google scripts, Google analytics, Google site search or Google anything.

    Protecting your privacy, which increases your ability to speak freely, also means we don't have some features. We don't allow embedded images, animations or videos. This not only protects you from IP traps, it makes for faster page loading.

    This combination of features - easy anonymity, protection of privacy and maximum freedom of expression - is what makes Ranther unique. Some well known free speech boards block all proxies from posting. Others require that you enable Javascript to post. Some even require that you register before you can read the board! All of these choices create barriers to free expression, barriers we want to tear down.

    But having said that, we know we can do more, and we'd like your help.

    What can we do to improve the board, and what can we do to attract more posters? We're interested in hearing from you. You can post here, or, if you're registered, PM me.

    More important, take this opportunity to post your thoughts on any subject.

    There's never been a better time than now.

    John Parker,
    Creator
    Put up a conservative board or a politics board most of the topics are political so it would be used.

  17. #17
    FreedomFighter Freedomfighter
    This is a fantastic site! I will be promoting it.

  18. #18
    FreedomFighter Freedomfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Orson View Post
    THIS

    More smilies too.
    I agree. I like this site, although it feels uninviting. This may sound dumb, but I think it is the black back ground as well.

  19. and you can pay for upgraded access with Bitcoin.
    I think most people like free.

  20. #20
    FreedomFighter Freedomfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    I think most people like free.
    Spoken like a true parasite.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFighter View Post
    Spoken like a true parasite.
    Like half the people in this country? fuck off.

  22. #22
    FuckoffFighter Freedomfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    Like half the people in this country? fuck off.
    Well, that's not very nice.

    Can't you gingerly be somewhat pleasant?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by FuckoffFighter View Post
    Well, that's not very nice.

    Can't you gingerly be somewhat pleasant?
    I haven't posted in quite a while. It is nice you are obsessed and so easy to agitate.

  24. #24
    OfficerFriendly Freedomfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    I haven't posted in quite a while.

    I know.

Support Ranther Ranther.com Ranther Privacy Ranther.com Ranther Rules Ranther.com Ranther Forums Ranther.com Ranther Blogs

We accept Bitcoin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.7
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.